Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Alice in Wonderland


As I slept through my c-section I had the craziest dream. I was a character in Alice in Wonderland. So funny I would dream about that since I have never seen it or read the story. Just been on the ride at Disneyland. I went from one brightly colored room to the next, finally ending up in a bright red room where there was a really loud and crying baby. I KNOW that was Levi being born, right, don't you think? As the story goes I was starting to wake up as they were patching my stomach back together. I kept asking if I had a baby and if he had hair. Yes to both! My husband brought over our new son and I looked at him. I have a very vague memory of seeing him for the first time while on the operating table but nothing ever really registered. I then found myself truly gaining conciousness in the recovery room where I continued to ask the same questions.

My first memory is looking over and seeing my sister holding my baby. "I want to see him. I haven't seen my baby." So, of course she brought him over...but wouldn't let me hold him. Not 'cause she is mean but because the doctors said I couldn't hold him until I was a little more awake. My baby got passed around the room and all I could do was watch.

And then the time came. I got to hold my baby for the first time. They put him on my tummy and you will never guess what happened next....he peed all over me. Welcome to the world Levi.

No comments:

Post a Comment