Friday, July 16, 2010

A Blur

The first few months of having Tater at home are kind of a blur. Maybe that is because of the pain medicine or quite possibly the immense transition into taking care of someone other than myself. What a treat to find out what it is like to love someone so much. I have to admit I was quite the skeptic when being told that you will never love something so much as your own child. Boy was I wrong. Now I get why my mom always worried so much about my sister and me. Words can't describe the love I have for this little boy.

Needless to say the first bit was full of fascinating, fun, and overwhelming experiences. Should I laugh at the fact that the dog peed on the floor right at the changing table when we got home from the hospital? Was it strategy, lucky, or just the fact that I couldn't get up the stairs that it took three weeks for me to change a diaper (don't worry I have done my fair share now.)

I will tell you that I have had some of the most amazing moments like getting Levi to crack up (the kind where you can't catch your breath,) watching him smile as I sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider," seeing him start to hold his head up on his own, the first night of sleeping without waking, even if it was short lived. And these don't even scratch the surface. I can only wonder what the rest of his life will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment